Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Midterm Assignment Idea.

So far I have a general idea of how this will happen but no details are set at all!
The idea is that rather then the film moving forward in time I'll be pulling a page from what I remember of Memento's (directed by: Christopher Nolan) way of revealing information and starting with the end of the situation and working back to the beginning.

Theres is not going to be any character death although it may be insinuated that the main character dies. Not enough information will be given for that to be made clear. Every time someone looks at a clock or a watch or anything in general that can tell time the scene will move backwards to whatever happened earlier.

This whole situation will begin with someone (the main character) getting a package and it triggering this chain of events.

What exactly this chain of events will be I have yet to decide but I will be attempting to make this film as 'action packed' as I can.

With being able to move backwards and reveal unexpected information about a situation and completely change what is happening even though the end result will be used to my advantage (plot twists!).

Nothing is definite about the specifics in this movie but I believe by filming it this way I can add mystery and urgency to the situation as the watcher tries to figure out how everything came to the end conclusion without having all the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment