Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Self Critique/Write-up for Project #3

Stephanie Black
Project#3
The Last Muffin
February 23, 2011

P1 comes back from work while P2 is just waking up. They both make their way to the kitchen and go for the 'last muffin' which is left on the kitchen counter. Once they see each other they decide to fight/battle to win this muffin. While going through a series of ridiculous tasks P3 enters fro the back door, grabs the muffin and then walks off. Once P1 and P2 notice that the muffin is missing they team up and run after P3.

This film is meant to be a serious gag type film with all the tasks/challenges being done seriously. The intent is to over exaggerate a situation that most people have probably already been in; fighting to get the last something, whether it be the last slice of cake, pizza, pie and much more including non-food related items.

This idea came from thinking about how I could create an interesting situation without it really being all that interesting. I immediately thought of all the silly things my brother and myself would do to beat each other to get/win something.

Now that this piece is done I can't imagine it as anything besides being comedy, with the exaggerated facial expressions and actions and the way the actors kept on laughing at the hilarity of the situations I was asking them to act out I don't think it could be anything else.

The main tension is two tired people not in the best of moods 9one just waking up and the other coming back from work) fighting over something rathe petty but important to them at the time.

I realized after that many of my shots don't have avery smooth transition between them and there could have been some more preparing for the next shot as far as positioning and slowing down goes. Also, my lack of control over the tripod is still an issue I am working on. Because of this issue a few of my shots move when they should be steady. I am seriously trying to get this down though!

No comments:

Post a Comment